For basic economy flyers, frequent business travelers, or weekend vacationers who don’t want to be forced to gate-check your bag, this is the suitcase for you. With all the features you love in a typical spinner—organizational pockets, gliding wheels, retracting handles—this bag has it all, and in a compact size.
Editor’s Note: Always check with your airline’s personal item size restrictions. For reference, the Travelon Revolution Underseat Carry-on Spinner Size: 17″ x 14.75″ x 9″.
How the Travelon Revolution Underseat Carry-on Spinner Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. It fits a surprising amount (enough for a cold-weather weekend in Chicago) and still qualifies as a personal item. There are lots of organizational pockets, a laptop sleeve, and even anti-theft features like locking zippers and an RFID-blocking liner.
- Value: 8/10. This is on the more expensive side for an under seat bag, but really, it’s more like a typical carry-on spinner. But, if you travel frequently, anything that saves you the hassle of waiting at the baggage carousel is valuable.
- Durability: 9/10. In testing on Delta and JetBlue flights, the carry-on bag experienced some wear and tear, although I did overpack it slightly and have to push it to fit under the seat.
- Portability: 10/10. It’s lightweight and the wheels glide well. The bag doesn’t take up much room in the cabin or a car.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. There’s nothing particularly outstanding style-wise about this bag, but the sleek black look is neutral enough to suit most.
Final Verdict: If you want to avoid having to gate-check your carry-on, but not sacrifice the usefulness of a spinner, this is the bag for you.